The Willpower Doesn’t Work – Better Your Best Competition
Official Terms and Conditions
Last Updated on March 5th, 2018
The sponsor of this competition is Benjamin Hardy, LLC (“SPONSOR” or “We” or “Us” or Our”), a South Carolina Limited Liability Company having an address of, P.O. Box 970002 Orem UT 84097-0002. These terms and conditions (“Terms”) set out the entire agreement between you (“You” or “Your”) and SPONSOR in relation to your entry into the “The Willpower Doesn’t Work – Better Your Best Contest” (the “Competition”) run by SPONSOR. By participating in this Competition, you agree to these Terms, which may be revised by Us at Our sole discretion from time to time, and acknowledge that you have read and understood them.
1. To be eligible to enter this Competition you must: Be over (18) years of age and be a citizen or permanent resident in the United States in a state other than Colorado, Arizona or Tennessee. Due to the state contest regulations of Colorado, Arizona and Tennessee, participants from Colorado, Arizona and Tennessee are not eligible to participate in this Competition; and the competition is void where prohibited. You must obtain a Kindle Version of the book Willpower Doesn’t Work by Benjamin Hardy and actively participate in implementing its strategies.
2. Employees of SPONSOR and other companies associated with the promotion of the Competition, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and its advertising or promotion agencies, competition judges, competition prize suppliers, any other companies engaged in the development, production, or distribution of materials for this Competition, and members of the immediate families of, or persons domiciled with, any of the above, are not eligible to enter this Competition.
3. To enter the Competition, you must during the Competition Period, register for the Competition at the following website: https://www.willpowerdoesntwork.com
a. Three winners will get free tickets to attend this years Genius Network Annual Event (valued at $10,000)
4. You warrant that you fulfill the eligibility requirement set out at Sections 1-3 above. If you do not fulfill those requirements, or any other requirements set out in these Terms, your Competition entry will be void. Benjamin Hardy, LLC is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, damaged, misdirected, or undeliverable correspondence or entries to the Competition, all of which will be disqualified. Proof of submission or sending the submission is not proof of receipt by SPONSOR. Incomplete or late entries will not be eligible to enter the Competition.
5. The Competition is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the winner. All entries will be judged individually on their merits.
6. The winning entries will be determined by SPONSOR’s Panel of qualified judges (the “Panel”) who will judge each entry according to the following criteria:
- Essay written detailing your personal transformation (90%)
- The quality of writing of the essay (10%)
More specifically, you will be judged according to the following criteria:
• Written Essay (90%): By October 3, 2018, you will be required to submit a written essay of up to 500 words (no more than 500 words, please) detailing how you've used WILLPOWER DOESN'T WORK to improve your life. In this 500 word essay, you will also be required to share the 3 concepts that most impacted you from the book. Your essay will be judged higher if you can provide tangible evidence that you've made the transformations detailed in your essay. You won't be judged on how eloquent or well-written your essay is. You don't have to be a perfect writer. We are simply choosing who articulates and demonstrates their transformation best.
• Writing Quality (10%): 10% of your overall score on this competition is based on the quality of how your essay is written. For example, if there are several typos in your essay, that will detract from your message of transformation and thus you will lose points. Thus, you should make sure essay is gramatically correct and simple to understand.
All Submitted Answers must be non-fiction and are subject to factual verification. Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries not complying with the rules are subject to disqualification.
In the event of a tie, the finalists will be asked to submit a 700 word or less tiebreaker essay. The tiebreaker essay will be on the subject of how you plan to change your life over the next 12 months applying what you've learned.
All judging decisions will be final and at the sole discretion of the Panel.
To be clear, the core purpose of this of this competition is for people to get WILLPOWER DOESN'T WORK, to be a part of a powerful community, and to apply the book to change their lives.
7. Once the potential winners have been determined, the potential winner (or winners) will be contacted by SPONSOR on or around (October 15, 2018) using the contact details on file. The potential winner must also sign IRS Form W-9 before receiving the prize so that the value of the prize can be correctly reported to the U.S Internal Revenue Service for income tax purposes. Potential winner may be required to furnish proof of identification as part of the verification process. If a potential winner cannot be located or does not respond within five (5) days of notification, the potential winner will be disqualified and forfeits the Prizes and SPONSOR may, at its sole and absolute discretion, select the entrant with the next highest number of points, whom SPONSOR will attempt to contact, and who will be subject to disqualification, in the same manner. SPONSOR will not be responsible for failed attempts to notify any potential winner.
8. The Winners of the Competition will:
a. Win a free ticket to the 2018 Genius Network Annual Event. Note that the retail value of the Prize is $10,000 USD.
9. The Prize must be accepted by each winner, as awarded, cannot be substituted, transferred, exchanged, or surrendered for cash, except at the sole and absolute discretion of SPONSOR. In the event that the Prizes, or any part of them, become unavailable beyond the control of SPONSOR, SPONSOR reserves the right, to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value.
Any applicable taxes on the Prizes, and any other costs not expressly included in the description of the Prize in Section 8 are the sole responsibility of the winner. For example, the winner (or winners) must also sign IRS Form W-9 before receiving the Prize so that the value of the Prize can be correctly reported to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service for income tax purposes. Participation in the Prize is subject to the Terms of SPONSOR, and any other service providers or prize suppliers associated with the Competition.
10. All Competition entries must be based on fact and genuine results achieved. The Winner will be required to validate their achievements to the satisfaction of the judging Panel, upon request, as a condition of receiving the Prize.
11. You warrant that all information and/or materials submitted along with your Competition entry, including, but not limited to your photographs and written and electronic communication (together the “Material”) is original, shall not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, and shall not violate any other laws. You acknowledge that SPONSOR, by operation of Section 12 below, shall become the sole and exclusive property of SPONSOR, and may be used by SPONSOR in any way (including, without limitation, on the https://www.willpowerdoesntwork.com/contest without permission or any compensation to you.
You also waive absolutely any claims you may have related to defamation, libel, slander, invasion of privacy, right of publicity, trademark violation, copyright, moral rights, or any broadly equivalent rights anywhere in the world, in the Materials (or, if it is not possible to waive you moral or equivalent rights in the jurisdiction in which you reside, you consent to SPONSOR doing anything that would be authorized under applicable laws).
13. You assume all risk of injury, harm, or loss of any kind arising from participating in the Competition. You release SPONSOR, and its directors, officers, and employees from all risk, loss, injury, damage, liability, or harm that may arise from participating in the Competition or the Prizes.
14. Please ensure your contact information is up to date and maintained throughout the Competition. If you are judged to be the Winner and cannot be reached for notification due to your not providing accurate contact information, you will be dropped as the Winner with the next highest judged competitor taking your place. 15. SPONSOR reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or to be acting in violation of these Terms or in an unsportsmanlike, immoral, or disruptive manner.
16. SPONSOR does not warrant that entry in, access to or use of the Competition or the https://www.willpowerdoesntwork.com/contest website will be uninterrupted or error-free.
17. Nothing in these Terms limits, excludes, or modifies any statutory consumer guarantees or any other implied warranties under any legislation. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, SPONSOR (including its officers, employees, and agents) is not responsible for, not accept any liability for: a. Any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by you or otherwise; b. Technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, slow down, interruptions, or disconnections in phone networks or lines or computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, or hardware or software connected to or related to the Competition of https://www.willpowerdoesntwork.com/contest howsoever caused; c. Failure of any email or transmission to be received by SPONSOR for any reason whatsoever; d. Typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Competition, including but not limited to errors in advertising, the Terms, the selection and announcement of the winner, or the distribution of the Prizes; e. The conduct of SPONSOR and other companies that are involved in delivering the prizes to the winners; or f. Any combination thereof.
18. The Competition begins on September 3rd, 2018 at 10am EST and ends on October 3rd at 11:59pm EST (the “Competition Period”). Entries that are submitted before or after the Competition Period shall be disqualified. Submissions will be accepted for the entire duration of the Competition via online submission as described elsewhere herein.
19. By submitting your Competition Entry Package, you hereby confirm compliance with these official Competition rules and release SPONSOR and its affiliated companies, agencies, competition prize suppliers and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents (collectively, the “Competition Group”) from all liability with respect to the entrant’s participation in this Competition and the awarding and use of the Prizes.
20. SPONSOR reserves the right to interpret these Terms and, if necessary, to amend these Terms or cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Competition for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to if an event beyond the reasonable control of SPONSOR affects the proper conduct or administration of the Competition or prevents the awarding of the Prizes in accordance with these Terms. As another non-limiting example, SPONSOR also reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Competition if a sufficient number of Competition entries are not received within the timeline stated in Section 18 herein. SPONSOR’s interpretation of these Terms are final and at the sole discretion of SPONSOR.
21. These Terms set out the entire agreement and understanding between you and Us with respect to the subject matter herein.
22. These Terms are governed by, and interpreted in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida.
23. This Competition is void where prohibited.
Copyright 2018 - Benjamin Hardy, LLC - All Rights Reserved